The Sisters: photographs
in the large processions shown below most of the nuns would have been visitors
The Sisters’ move enabled the Shrine to develop accommodation facilities on the other side of the gateway: these in turn were replaced by the Welcome Centre and Milner Wing in 2008.
Mother Sarah Sister Angela Mother Cicely
13 August 1958: in Fr Patten's funeral procession
Two views of the back of Stella Maris, where the first Sisters lived: a nun is seen standing at the door in the righthand picture (a contemporary photograph of the front of the building is shown on the Sisters' page)
 the first hut chapel: The Chapel of Our Lady of Pity, situated roughly where the Guild of All Souls Chapel is now; after 1931 the Sisters used the Holy House; their next chapel was in the new (1938) Shrine Church in what is now the upper Sacristy and was called the Chapel of the Sacred Heart
the new Convent: work began on the new house in 1955, and the Sisters moved in during 1956, having had to wait until the village’s new sewerage system was completed; the Chapel was dedicated on 9 February 1957. The Sisters had previously lived in the Stella Maris Hospice, and their move to the new Convent building freed up more rooms for pilgrims
the Convent, with the later Chapel
in the Translation procession 1931
in the 1938 procession at the Blessing of the Shrine Church
15 Oct 1952: Sister Julian, Mother Margaret, Sister Barbara
SISTERS SECTION LINKS OVERVIEW PHOTOGRAPHS MOTHER M M
these captions above link to the Index entries for each Sister here for Mother Margaret Mary’s Index entry return to Sisters’ Overview page here for Mother Margaret Mary’s page