The altar in the Shrine Gardens soon after its arrival in 1933.This is believed to be the only photograph in existence clearly showing anything on the altar.below: The Bradford & Worth Valley parish pilgrimage, 1935.
The Bradford and Worth Valley parish pilgrimage, 1935. The vicar of Oakworth is standing at the end of the second row back, on the extreme right by the pillar; behind him is Fr Frank Harwood, his curate, standing by the back pillar. Mrs Harwood is on the extreme right of the front row. Fr Harwood was one of the deacons of honour who had carried the image of Our Lady in the Translation procession in 1931. Report of the pilgrimage.(this photograph was wrongly identified previously as being of Radwinter parish pilgrimage)history pageChurch Times photographslater photographstop of page