the seal of the medieval priory
Crypt foundations , 1938
the modern logo

 

The crypt foundations exposed during the building of the Shrine Church 1938. The [liturgical] south cloister was not built until 1972, so the doorway seen here is the doorway now at the end of it inside the building, near the confessionals. Before the cloister was built much of the foundations could be seen from what is now the Quiet Garden, and part is still visible near the pond.

wordpress stat