the seal of the medieval priory
The Brandie Gate plaque
the modern logo


Buston, Miss Eleanor Mary The anonymous [at the time] donor of the archway and whole left side of the old accommodation building as looked at from Holt Road built it in memory of her parents: the third set of initials presumably represents a sibling; the extension was finished and in use in 1956, and the final part of the project - the gate - was completed soon afterwards, in 1957; the plaque on the archway wall recording the gift has been set neatly into the wall of the refurbished gate, now called The Brandie Gate in honour of Fr Beau Brandie MBE.
 original plaque 1957
 plaque reinstated 2008
as displayed in the archway from 1957
reset after refurbishment 2008