the seal of the medieval priory
The first Pilgrims' Manual, 1928
Compiled by Fr Patten : NB: this was first used when the Shrine was in the parish church : there was no Holy House until 1931; the "site of the Holy House" and the holy wells referred to are those in the Abbey grounds

click here for scanned copy of the fifth edition (1952)
 
each page of the booklet measures 4.25" x 5.25"
 
back and front cover
below is the title page : the date is given in Roman numerals : the price is equivalent to 6.25p
inside front cover and title page
[above] Battley Brothers were printers of Our Lady's Mirror
foreword and introduction
pages 4-5
pages 6-7
pages 8-9
pages 10-11
pages 12-13
pages 14-15
pages 16-17
pages 18-19
pages 20-21
pages 22-23
pages 24-25
pages 26-27
pages 28-29
pages 30-31
pages 32-33
pages 34-35
pages 36-37
 pages 38-39
pages 40-41
pages 42-43
pages 44-45
pages 46-47
pages 48-49
pages 50-51
pages 52-53
pages 54-55
pages 56-57
pages 58-59
pages 60-61
pages 62-63
pages 64-65
pages 66-67
pages 68-69
pages 70-71
last page and inside back cover


top of page return to Shrine Publications page return to 1931 page
Home Page go to fifth edition (1952) return to 1931 press reports page